Salvaged Titles

Complete Form #TC96-215 Affidavit of Motor Vehicle Assembled from Wrecked or Salvaged Motor Vehicles.

Submit completed application for Title/Registration (VTR form # TC96-182); this form must be signed and notarized. The following must be completed in full: (1) Seller Section, (2) Vehicle Identification Section, (3) Owner-Buyer Section, and (4) Certified Inspector Section. The Certified Inspector Section must be completed by a certified inspector in accordance with the provision of KRS 186A.115. The application for Title/Registration must be accompanied by a properly assigned Certificate of Title. In those limited cases where a Certificate of Title does not exist, the person selling the vehicle must give a notarized statement fully explaining ownership of the vehicle.

Submit original receipts for all labor required to construct or reconstruct the vehicle. Whomever provided all labor, a descriptive notarized statement will be required stating what repairs were made.

Submit all original receipts for parts purchased. If the parts you buy are from individuals and not businesses, have the person who sold you the parts write a notarized statement giving his name, address and telephone number, the part or parts sold, and the vehicle identification number of the vehicle that the parts were taken from

If the vehicle has a license plate, regardless of decal expiration date, remove it and submit with this application.

Any vehicle with a lien against it will be rejected. A lien termination statement from the lien holder must be submitted to the county clerk where the lien is recorded.

If you are rebuilding a motorcycle, turn in pencil tracings of both the engine and frame identification numbers. If you used a replacement engine, try to obtain the frame number of the motorcycle that the engine was taken from.

You will have 60 days from the date of approval to apply for the Title and register your vehicle. After 60 days, the application will be cancelled and you will need to reapply.

Salvaged Titles